EXAMPLES OF CDSDS PROJECTS
With your support, and to engage in research on some of the massive changes in contemporary society, studies supported by this Center examine topics, such as:
• online behavior, practice, and safety
• Internet of Things
• data privacy, freedom of expression, and related human rights
• online information, misinformation, false news organizations
• archives, and the digitization of materials and dark data
• computational art and culture, interactivity
• management information systems and social networks
• high-performance throughput computing in science, political life, or education
• changes in the organization of science teams, and scholarly communication
• opportunities and constraints that impact data sharing across sectors
• political or societal implications of genomic, natural science, or other collected data
• platform design and game development
• mobile media, locative technologies, and informatics
• the spatial organization of everyday social life
• faculty/student analytics or data management in education
• data visualization tools, computation, and aesthetics
Please contact Catherine Brooks, CDSDS Director to discuss these and other funding ideas:
EXECUTIVE ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERSHIP $1000.00
Join us, be a part of us, receive updates on activities 3-4 times a year, participate.
COMMUNITY AFFILIATE $5,000
Be a part of our agenda-setting team, shape new directions.
STUDENT SUPPORT AFFILIATE $20,000
Name a gift, scholarship, library, lab, or event.
CENTER ASSOCIATE $65,000
Exchange ideas with researchers, fund post-doctoral scholars researching your topic of interest, or give a talk on campus if desired.
STRATEGIC PARTNER $400,000
Set a theme for a workshop or conference, set research agendas.